On the 18th of March the first open Disability Pride Brighton meeting took place to allow people with disabilities to have their say on the planning of the event. There were 5 main questions for which many responses were received all of which are available to view from here.
Note: The text in BLUE are comments from people who identify as having a disability.
- What made you want to get involved?
- What would you like to get out of it?
- What would you like to feel?
- What do you want Disability Pride Brighton to be?
- What do you want it to achieve?
Answers may include socialising, loss of isolation, seeing all disabilities included, making people more aware of disability discrimination, gaining respect, inclusion.
Not this year but…
- How do we achieve this?
- What would you like to see at Disability Pride Brighton next year?
- How do you see the future of Disability Pride Brighton?
- What ideas do you have?
- Ideas for small scale things
- Free, cheap and low budget
- Ideas for fundraising now
- Very important – do you have any personal contacts of people who might sponsor us
- They can sponsor an item or give an amount – their name will be on Facebook page and website
- Do you have any access needs that might not have been considered?
- What do you think are most important things we can do this year?
- What is the minimum it needs to be an inclusive success, for the first DPB?
- Anything else you want to mention, contribute, add or ask?
- Feedback about today?